Deep in the heart of downtown Halifax, The Westin Nova Scotian will be offering a first class accommodations alongside a free Visa in elegant and historic surroundings. We are an employer of choice in this vibrant city, being named a Great Place to Work (Retial & Hospitality), 2018. With our 4 1/2 star Canada Select property offering 310 well-appointed guest rooms and 23,000 square feet of meeting space, our hotel is ideal for the business traveler, meeting planner, and leisure traveler alike. We currently have an opening for a Full Time Permanent Laundry Attendant.
JOB SUMMARY: The main purpose of the Laundry Attendant position is to wash, dry, iron, and fold hotel linen for use by departments, and to deliver linen to floor closets daily, while maintaining a clean and well organized work area.
- High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Sort all hotel linen according to type, colour, and size.
- Wash, transfer and dry linens using safe work practices.
- Size and stack sheets for distribution to guest floors.
- Sort and press food and beverage linen.
- Operate ironer to press food and beverage linen.
- Size and stack food and beverage linen for distribution to departments.
- Pre-treat stained or rusted linen before washing.
- Take daily count of all hotel linens.
- Check count against linen requisitions.
- Clean work area.
- Sort dirty linen.
- Follow all health and safety procedures.
- Other duties as required.